Here are this week's new Central PA Racing Scene 410 Power Rankings after this week's races at Williams Grove , Port Royal, and Lincoln Speedway's. I received an email asking me how I determine the power rankings and thought I would share with you a little more on my process on how I come up with my top 10.
I assign a point value to all the stats.
1 win = 10 points 1 top 5 = 5 points a top 10 = 2 points and a heat win = 1 point.
So starting this week I will have the driver's name listed then their spot last week, and then their total number of points. That way their is no questions on how I come up with their spot in the rankings.
1. Greg Hodnett (1st) 49 pts. - Not the best of weekends for the 27 team. His best finish of the weekend was 6th at Port Royal Speedway after finishing 11th Friday night at Williams Grove Speedway.
2. Brian Montieth (2nd) 40 pts. - 5th at Williams Grove Speedway was definitely the highlight of the 21 teams weekend. Was a DNF after being caught up in someone else's mess at Lincoln Speedway. Leads Central PA with 5 heat wins.
3. Freddie Rahmer Jr. (8th) 28 pts. - Moves up 5 spots this week on the strength of his 1st win of the season Saturday night at Lincoln Speedway. Had a 6th place finish at Williams Grove on Friday night.
5. Brent Marks (4th) 24 pts - Best finish of the weekend was a 4th at Port Royal Speedway Saturday night. Struggled at Williams Grove Speedway only managing a 13th place finish.
6. Doug Esh (7th) 22 pts. - Strong 3rd place finish on Friday night at Williams Grove then backed it up with a 7th place finish at Port Royal Speedway.
8. Alan Krimes (10th) 19 pts - 2 top 5's this weekend with a best of 2nd at Williams Grove and a 4th at Lincoln Saturday night. Gives him 3 top 5's and 2 top 10's.
9. Mike Wagner (9th) 19 pts. - 3rd place finish at Port Royal in his only start of the weekend.
10. Aaron Ott (3rd) 12 pts.- Did not race this weekend. His win at Port Royal is keeping him in the top 10 for now but is barely hanging on
Honorable Mentions -
Pat Cannon - Picked up his 1st feature win of the season at Williams Grove Speedway Friday night.
Lucas Wolfe - 2nd place finish at Port Royal Saturday gives the young veteran 14 pts. Needs a win to move into top 10.