Saturday, April 16, 2016
Dale Blaney Opens Arctic Cat All Star Point Season with Victory at Attica Raceway Park
“It is just awesome to come here and race,” explained Dale Blaney, pilot of the GoMuddy.com, Big Game Treestands, CH Motorsports, No.1. “I’m in a great situation here with this team. My guys always give me a great car. I just have to make sure I go out and drive the thing. Glad we started on the front row tonight. On a surface like this, position really means a lot. I just love coming to Attica Raceway Park. The fans have treated me great the past 28 years of my life and I appreciate it.”
Chad Kemenah, who started third on the main event grid, fell back to fifth after the initial start, but raced his way back into a podium position by lap nine. By lap 14, Kemenah worked forward to find himself second in the running order; passing Lee Jacobs as he continued his persistent charge toward the front. Kemenah drove by Blaney on lap 15 and controlled the top spot for two circuits, eventually re-challenged and passed by Blaney during the 17th circuit. With rubber coming into play, Kemenah found himself out of time and race track, settling for second during his final pass of the flagstand. Lee Jacobs, after starting on the outside-front row, would cross under the checkers third, followed by Byron Reed and Caleb Griffith.
“It was a pretty good race,” said Chad Kemenah. “It took rubber and I got caught behind a lapped car. Just kinda ran out of time. I want to thank all of these fans for coming out and sitting through this tonight. The dust really didn’t play in your favor, but I really appreciate you guys coming out. My car owner gives me a great race car. I just want to thank all of my sponsors. Feels great to get off to a start like this. I think we may have had something for Blaney before getting caught in the rubber. We won’t complain and move on.”
“At first, I really didn’t know where to run,” explained Blaney. “I know where I was running, I wasn’t very good. Kemenah worked around us and kinda showed us where we needed to be. I had to pick up the pace a little bit. We started to run a little bit harder and it worked out.”
The Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions will continue their march across Ohio and Pennsylvania on Saturday evening, April 16, with a visit to the Wayne County Speedway in Orrville, Ohio. The second full points event of the 2016 season will feature a complete Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions program, awarding $5,000 to the main event winner. It was local Arctic Cat All Star favorite Sheldon Haudenschild picking up the victory during the last series visit to Wayne County Speedway. The Wooster, Ohio, native held off eventual All Star champion Dale Blaney and fellow Wooster native Rob Chaney at the final checkers.
Wayne County Speedway officials will open pit gates at 3:00 pm on Saturday afternoon, April 16. The mandatory drivers meeting will be conducted at 5:30 pm, followed by hot laps at 6. Racing is scheduled to begin at 7:00 pm, sharp. Additional news and information, such as ticket prices, can be found live on the Web at www.waynecountyspeedway.com.
Contingency Awards/Results - Attica Raceway Park - Friday, April 15, 2016
HD Supply Spring Nationals
EMi Driver’s Meeting: 40 Entrees
State Water Heaters Warm-Ups: Caleb Armstrong - 12.351 seconds
Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: Dale Blaney (2nd) - 12.315 seconds
Kistler Racing Products Heat #1: Brian Lay
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2: Caleb Helms
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3: Lee Jacobs
Kistler Racing Products Heat #4: Dale Blaney
JE Pistons Dash: Dale Blaney
Daido Engine Bearings Main Event Winner: Dale Blaney
MSD Performance Hard Charger Award: Travis Philo (+9)
Outback Steakhouse A-Main 5th Place Finisher: Caleb Griffith
Outback Steakhouse A-Main 10th Place Finisher: Chris Andrews
Outback Steakhouse A-Main 15th Place Finisher: Caleb Helms
1.09x-Carson Macedo, 12.198; 2.1-Dale Blaney, 12.315; 3.22-Cole Duncan, 12.329; 4.33M-Caleb Griffith, 12.337; 5.10H-Chad Kemenah, 12.344; 6.23c-Tyler Courtney, 12.366; 7.40-Caleb Helms, 12.389; 8.94-Ryan Smith, 12.439; 9.8M-TJ Michael, 12.445; 10.5T-Travis Philo, 12.446; 11.81-Lee Jacobs, 12.482; 12.8-Bryan Sebetto, 12.518; 13.23-DJ Foos, 12.526; 14.5-Byron Reed, 12.527; 15.49-Tim Shaffer, 12.540; 16.16-Stuart Brubaker, 12.541; 17.45L-Brian Lay, 12.599; 18.73-Chris Andrews, 12.611; 19.7C-Caleb Armstrong, 12.637; 20.3J-Trey Jacobs, 12.641; 21.9-Jordan Ryan, 12.680; 22.97-Dean Jacobs, 12.702; 23.60-Kory Crabtree, 12.707; 24.9x-Rob Chaney, 12.716; 25.93-Sheldon Haudenschild, 12.784; 26.68G-Tyler Gunn, 12.836; 27.6-Bill Rose, 12.846; 28.57X-Andrew Palker, 12.853; 29.60K-Jody Keegan, 12.939; 30.11K-Kraig Kinser, 13.048; 31.19-Joe Kubiniec, 13.151; 32.38-Matt Westfall, 13.168; 33.22S-Brandon Spithaler, 13.234; 34.9Z-Duane Zablocki, 13.237; 35.83M-Broc Martin, 13.394; 36.49H-Bradley Howard, 13.450; 37.7-Shawn Valenti, 13.713; 38.8J-Jess Stiger, 13.996; 39.21-Cap Henry, 13.997; 40.70-Danny Holtgraver, 99.390;
Heat 1, Group A - (10 Laps)
1. 45L-Brian Lay ; 2. 8-Bryan Sebetto ; 3. 8M-TJ Michael ; 4. 73-Chris Andrews ; 5. 5T-Travis Philo ; 6. 9-Jordan Ryan ; 7. 3J-Trey Jacobs ; 8. 60-Kory Crabtree ; 9. 49H-Bradley Howard ; 10. 19-Joe Kubiniec
Heat 2, Group B - (10 Laps)
1. 40-Caleb Helms ; 2. 94-Ryan Smith ; 3. 60K-Jody Keegan ; 4. 23c-Tyler Courtney ; 5. 83M-Broc Martin ; 6. 16-Stuart Brubaker ; 7. 09x-Carson Macedo ; 8. 38-Matt Westfall ; 9. 11K-Kraig Kinser ; 10. 21-Cap Henry
Heat 3, Group C - (10 Laps)
1. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 2. 5-Byron Reed ; 3. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 4. 23-DJ Foos ; 5. 33M-Caleb Griffith ; 6. 70-Danny Holtgraver ; 7. 97-Dean Jacobs ; 8. 22S-Brandon Spithaler ; 9. 7C-Caleb Armstrong ; 10. 22-Cole Duncan
Heat 4, Group D - (10 Laps)
1. 1-Dale Blaney ; 2. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild ; 3. 9x-Rob Chaney ; 4. 49-Tim Shaffer ; 5. 68G-Tyler Gunn ; 6. 9Z-Duane Zablocki ; 7. 8J-Jess Stiger ; 8. 57X-Andrew Palker ; 9. 6-Bill Rose ; 10. 7-Shawn Valenti
Dash 1 (8 Laps)
1. 1-Dale Blaney ; 2. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 3. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 4. 33M-Caleb Griffith ; 5. 5-Byron Reed ; 6. 94-Ryan Smith ; 7. 40-Caleb Helms ; 8. 8-Bryan Sebetto
B-Main 1 - (12 Laps)
1. 09x-Carson Macedo ; 2. 16-Stuart Brubaker ; 3. 7C-Caleb Armstrong ; 4. 57X-Andrew Palker ; 5. 9-Jordan Ryan ; 6. 3J-Trey Jacobs ; 7. 6-Bill Rose ; 8. 9Z-Duane Zablocki ; 9. 97-Dean Jacobs ; 10. 70-Danny Holtgraver ; 11. 21-Cap Henry ; 12. 38-Matt Westfall ; 13. 7-Shawn Valenti ; 14. 19-Joe Kubiniec ; 15. 22S-Brandon Spithaler ; 16. 8J-Jess Stiger ; 17. 49H-Bradley Howard ; 18. 60-Kory Crabtree ; 19. 11K-Kraig Kinser ; 20. 22-Cole Duncan
A-Main 1 - (40 Laps)
1. 1-Dale Blaney ; 2. 10H-Chad Kemenah ; 3. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 4. 5-Byron Reed ; 5. 33M-Caleb Griffith ; 6. 94-Ryan Smith ; 7. 93-Sheldon Haudenschild ; 8. 8-Bryan Sebetto ; 9. 5T-Travis Philo ; 10. 73-Chris Andrews ; 11. 8M-TJ Michael ; 12. 49-Tim Shaffer ; 13. 23c-Tyler Courtney ; 14. 60K-Jody Keegan ; 15. 40-Caleb Helms ; 16. 68G-Tyler Gunn ; 17. 45L-Brian Lay ; 18. 9x-Rob Chaney ; 19. 23-DJ Foos ; 20. 21-Cap Henry ; 21. 16-Stuart Brubaker ; 22. 09x-Carson Macedo ; 23. 70-Danny Holtgraver ; 24. 7C-Caleb Armstrong ; 25. 57X-Andrew Palker ; 26. 83M-Broc Martin
Additional Series Info:
Those seeking additional information regarding the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions should visit their official online home at www.allstarsprint.com. Series updates and breaking news will be posted regularly on the official Twitter account of the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions: https://twitter.com/ASCoC. Find full text results from each and every event, as well as an up-to-date schedule, online at www.allstarsprint.com/schedule/.
About the Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions:
All Star Enterprises, LLC, wholly owned by Tony Stewart, d/b/a the All Star Circuit of Champions, is a winged sprint car series. The All-Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series is one of the oldest traveling 410 sprint car organizations and is a staple of grassroots, open-wheel racing. Formed in 1970 by Bud Miller, the series has largely been considered the first 'outlaw' Sprint Car organization of the modern era. After a 10 year stint as owner of the All Stars, Miller passed control of the series to Bert Emick in 1980; a reign that would continue through 2002. Guy Webb then purchased the series from Emick in the summer of 2002 and served as the series President for the next 12 years. Motorsports entrepreneur Tony Stewart agreed to terms with Guy Webb to become the sole owner of the original winged sprint car tour in January of 2015.
About Arctic Cat:
The Arctic Cat brand is among the most widely recognized and respected in the recreational vehicle industry. The company designs, engineers, manufactures and markets all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), side-by-sides and snowmobiles, in addition to related parts, garments and accessories under the Arctic Cat® and Motorfist® brand names. Arctic Cat Inc.’s world headquarters is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “ACAT.” More information about Arctic Cat and its products is available at www.ArcticCat.com.
Contact: Tyler Altmeyer
Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions