By Brad Vores for Susquehanna Speedway
YORK HAVEN, PA 6/18/16
Tyler Reeser continued his great season by picking up the win in Saturday night’s 20-lap PASS/IMCA 305 Sprint car feature at Susquehanna Speedway.
Reeser, of Orwigsburg has been the dominant driver this season on the 305 Sprint car tour and he added another track to his season stats with his latest win at Susquehanna.
Starting third, Reeser followed early race leader Dave Grube II for eight laps before taking control of the event and driving away for the feature win.
Zach Newlin came from his eighth starting spot to bring home the runner-up finish ahead of Mark Watkins, Grube and Colby Dice as Scott Lutz, Kyle Ganoe, Austin Burke, Billy Ney and Ken Duke completed the top ten finishers.
Dice, Lutz, Reeser and Burke won heats for the 34 PASS/IMCA Sprints while Andrew Hake was the consolation winner.
Bob Stough picked up his first Susquehanna win of the season in the 15-lap ServiceMaster Clean Central PA Legends feature.
Stough started third and grabbed the top spot from Chad Earnst with three laps down and never looked back in an event that was stopped by two red flags for fires. There were no driver injuries.
Stough, who has two wins at other area speedways in 2016 was followed by Earnst, Scott Houdeshell, 15th starter Mason Chaney and 13th starter Travis Perry. Completing the top ten were Austin Bellemare, Greg Burd, Chris Transeau, Jason Gastley and Tony Markovich.
Bellemare, Reed Salony and Earnst were heat winers for the 27 cars pitside.
Richie Dobson led flag to flag to claim his first 20-lap street stock win of the season.
Dobson, who became the fifth different winner in six events this season took the checkered flag over Scott Thunberg, Walt Lemmon, Mike Potts and 10th starting Craig Morgan.
Curt McDade, Josh Bloom and Chad Stine were street stock heat winners with 25 cars in competition. Ryan Smith was the Hard Charger.
Mike Goodwin led all 20 laps to score his first win of the year in the Susquehanna/Trail-Way Shootout for Xtreme Stocks as he took the win over Ronnie Buck, Alex Updegraff, John Frye and 11th starter Matt Wampler.
Daryl Sipe led the final nine laps to win the 15-lap Mini Van feature over Thomas Thompson, Dennis Dorosz, AJ Dellaversano and Ken Boose.
Susquehanna Speedway will see action twice this coming week as the BAPS Auto Paints and Coatings 410 Sprint Series returns for a special Thursday Night Thunder event on Thursday, June 23. Joining the 410 Sprints will be the PASS/IMCA 305 Sprints. Pits open at 4PM with grandstands opening at 5PM and racing beginning at 7PM.
Then on Saturday night, June 25, it will be Rock-It Pizza/Manufacturers Night at the speedway as the Credit Connection Auto Sales Super Sportsman return along with a Precise Racing series event for the 358 late models and the Xtreme Stocks. Pits open at 4PM with grandstands opening at 5PM and racing beginning at 7PM.
Fans are reminded to check out www.susquehannaspeedway.net for the latest news and results and follow Susquehanna Speedway on Twitter and Facebook.
SUSQUEHANNA SPEEDWAY RESULTS 6/1816
PASS/IMCA 305 SPRINTS (20 LAPS)
1. Tyler Reeser, 2. Zach Newlin, 3. Mark Watkins, 4. Dave Grube II, 5. Colby Dice, 6. Scott Lutz, 7. Kyle Ganoe, 8. Austin Burke, 9. Billy Ney, 10. Ken Duke, 11. John Martin III, 12. Randy Kaylor, 13. Donnie Hendershot, 14. Scott Ellerman, 15. Bobby Sandt, Jr., 16. Jaremi Hanson, 17. Reed Thompson, 18. Kyle Lloyd, 19. Ian Detwiler, 20. Cody Hackenberry, 21. Andrew Hake, 22. Geoff Gill, 23. Drew Ritchey, 24. Stephanie Dodson.
Did Not Qualify: Kassidy Kreitz, Quintin Hankla, Brandt Cook, Jay Krout, Kirsten Hess, Erin Statler, John Bordlemay, Vance Berry, Tom Worrick, Jr., Terry Schaeffer.
STREET STOCKS (20 LAPS)
1. Richie Dobson, 2. Scott Thunberg, 3. Walt Lemmon, 4. Mike Potts, 5. Craig Morgan, 6. Bob Scott, Jr., 7. Dalton Frye, 8. Chad Stine, 9. Jim Palm, 10. Chris Heller, 11. Ryan Smith, 12. Matt Adams, 13. Josh Bloom, 14. Jimmy Combs, 15. Mark Hutchison, 16. Curt McDade, 17. Eric Tripp, 18. Doug Barber, 19. Travis Horan, 20. Todd Miller, 21. Jason Townsend, 22. Joe Hower, 23. Eddie Richards.
Did Not Start: Cory Phillips, Brandon Wanner
SERVICEMASTER CLEAN CENTRAL PA LEGENDS (15 LAPS)
1. Bob Stough, 2. Chad Earnst, 3. Scott Houdeshell, 4. Mason Chaney, 5. Travis Perry, 6. Austin Bellemare, 7. Greg Burd, 8. Chris Transeau, 9. Jason Gastley, 10. Tony Markovich, 11. Nathan Ottensmyer, 12. Joe Radle, 13. Rick Hartwig, 14. Wayne Welsh, 15. Gary Barton, 16. Robert Shaw, 17. Harlon Leppo, 18. Eli Dodge, 19. Lucas Montgomery, 20. Hayden Pascoe, 21. Bill Diehl, 22. Travis McClelland, 23. Reed Salony, 24. Jeff Herbst.
Did Not Qualify: Bruce McClane, Troy McClane, Matt Miller.
XTREME STOCKS (20 LAPS)
1. Mike Goodwin, 2. Ronnie Buck, 3. Alex Updegraff, 4. John Frye, 5. Matt Wampler, 6. Marshall McMullen, 7. Michael Smith, 8. Adam Smith, 9. Jerry Blauch, 10. Tony Lance, 11. Kirby Sites, 12. Kyle Emig, 13. Donnie Broderick, 14. Dustin Pietrak, 15. Brian Rehbein, 16. Davey Nestor, 17. Joey Racine, 18. Brian Walls, 19. Howard Williams
MINI VANS (15 LAPS)
1. Daryl Sipe, 2. Thomas Thompson, 3. Dennis Dorosz, 4. AJ Dellaversano, 5. Ken Boose.