Murphy Gets LM First, Sites, Updegraff and McClane Score Wins
YORK HAVEN, PA…6/24/17
Gregg Foster held back all challenges to capture his first win of the year in Saturday night’s 25-lap Credit Connection Auto Sales Super Sportsman feature at Susquehanna Speedway.
Aboard his American Legion Department of Pennsylvania No. 32, the Harrisburg, PA racer powered from his fourth starting spot into the lead on the first lap and never looked back in becoming the sixth different winner in seven events this season.
Foster held on through all 25 laps but a late race red flag with 19 laps complete put two-time winner Kenny Edkin on his bumper.
Foster kept Edkin at bay to take the win with Edkin, ninth starting Russ Mitten, 14th starter and Hard Charger Mike Enders and Jay Fannasy making up the top five finishers.
Completing the top ten finishers were Frankie Herr, 15th starter Tony Jackson, Paul Miller, Devin Beidel and Doug Dodson.
Paul Miller, Herr and Jake Miller were heat race winners for the 29-car field while Dodson took the consolation win.
Matt Murphy outran defending track champion Randy Christine, Jr. to score his first career Susquehanna Speedway feature win in the 25-lap Bernheisel Race Cars 358 Late Model feature.
Murphy started on the pole and led all 25 laps but had to keep Christine at bay during seven caution periods, including one with less than ten laps remaining in the event.
Following the Fallston, MD driver under the checkered flag were Christine, JR Rodriquez, Ben Whitaker and 12th starting Sean Merkel with Daulton Bigler, Joe Lusk, Hard Charger Tim Murphy up from 18th, Justin Ehrhart and Sonny Norris.
Sam Gallagher and Rodriquez were heat winners for the 20 late models.
Two weeks after a disqualification, veteran Kory Sites raced his way back to victory lane in the 20-lap Morgan Paving/Aqua Fun Pools Street Stock feature.
Sites started 11th and took the lead from Matt Adams on the sixth lap and withstood many yellows before becoming the eighth different winner in as many street stock mains this season.
Mike Potts finished in the runner-up spot over Adams, 12th starting Mike Walls and 24th starter and Hard Charger Brad Bingaman as Brandon Wanner, Doug Barber, Jim Palm, Eric McClane and Scott Thunberg completed the top ten.
Heat winners for the 29 street stocks went to Mike Buckley, Ryan Smith and Potts with Jamey Huls winning the consolation.
Alex Updegraff picked up his seventh win of the season in the regularly scheduled Superior Homes Extreme Stock feature as he held back Patrick McClane for the win with Kyle Emig, John Frye and Tyler Knaub the top five.
McClane won the makeup 20-lap Extreme Stock feature that was lost to curfew on June 10th as he picked up his second season win over Updegraff, Emig, Knuab and Donnie Broderick.
Susquehanna Speedway returns to action Saturday, July 1st with the Dellingers Auto Body Firecracker 40 presented by Sutliff Chevrolet for the Credit Connection Auto Sales Super Sportsman joined by the the Bernheisel Race Cars 358 Late Models and the Morgan Paving/Aqua Fun Pools Street Stocks. Race time is 7PM.
There will be a Test N’ Tune on Wednesday night, June 28th from 6-9PM.
RACE RESULTS 6/24/17
CREDIT CONNECTION AUTO SALES SUPER SPORTSMAN (25 Laps):
1) 32 Gregg Foster 2) 75 Kenny Edkin 3) 77 Russ Mitten 4) 3B Mike Enders 5) 222 Jay Fannasy 6) 70D Frankie Herr 7) 17J Tony Jackson 8) 58 Paul Miller 9) 19 Devin Beidel 10) 54 Doug Dodson 11) 8 Rich Eichelberger 12) 83 Bruce Buckwalter Jr. 13) 1A Chase Gutshall 14) 27 Troy Hockenberry 15) 56 Jake Miller 16) 44 Russ Lebo 17) 14 Nate Young 18) 41 Scott Geesey 19) 23 Justin Foster 20) 99 Chad Smith 21) 30 Scott Dellinger 22) 5D Luke Deatrick 23) 2M Matt Ondek 24) 20w Davey Walsh
Did Not Qualify: 91 Lanny Hake, 20 Dave Lightner, 24 Justin Williams, 7 Timmie Barrick, 318 Chris Meleason
BERNHEISEL RACE CARS 358 LATE MODELS (25 Laps):
1) 21M Matt Murphy 2) 74 Randy Christine Jr. 3) 97 JR Rodriquez 4) 13x Ben Whitaker 5) 118 Sean Merkel 6) 3 Daulton Bigler 7) 20L Joe Lusk 8) 1T Tim Murphy 9) 69 Justin Ehrhart 10) 89 Sonny Norris 11) 62 Devin Fry 12) 54 Terry Gingerich 13) 19D Chris Wojnar 14) u10 Sam Gallagher 15) 22 Chase Billet 16) 3B Cameron Benyou 17) 55 Sam Rial 18) 177 Brian Shuey 19) 2 Dan Zechman
Did Not Start: 5 Charles Potts
MORGAN PAVING/AQUA FUN POOLS STREET STOCKS (20 Laps):
1) 21K Kory Sites 2) M1 Mike Potts 3) 9 Matt Adams 4) 52 Mike Walls 5) 32 Brad Bingaman 6) 64 Brandon Wanner 7) 63 Doug Barber 8) 7p Jim Palm 9) 07 Eric McClane 10) 12 Scott Thunberg 11) 20J Jamey Huls 12) 59 Ryan Smith 13) 18 Chris Derr 14) 181 Butch Helsel 15) 11 Craig Morgan 16) 43 Eric Tripp 17) 21 Joey Hoffer 18) 2 Randy Zechman 19) 91 Dalton Frye 20) 7s Kevin Sigler 21) 17 Bobby Kupp 22) 84 LeRoy Long 23) 81 Jasen Geesaman 24) 94 Mike Buckley
Did Not Qualify: 9x Les Scrivens, 4J Jim Jacobs, 37 Jimmy Combs, 41 Howard Williams, 23B Don Murphy
SUPERIOR HOMES EXTREME STOCKS (20 Laps):
1) 1 Alex Updegraff 2) 55 Patrick McClane 3) 10 Kyle Emig 4) F1 John Frye 5) 22K Tyler Knaub 6) 11 Brandon Staccone 7) 97 Donnie Broderick 8) 15 Jeff Gill
DNS: 95 Snyder, 76 Smith
SUPERIOR HOMES EXTREME STOCKS (MAKEUP FROM 6/10/17) (20 Laps):
1) 55 Patrick McClane 2) 1 Alex Updegraff 3) 10 Kyle Emig 4) 22K Tyler Knaub 5) 97 Donnie Broderick 6) 95 Dan Snyder 7) 11 Brandon Staccone
Did Not Start: 76 Smith, 77 Waltz, 37 Duvall, 23B Murphy