Impressive enough, Dietrich, who nearly swept the evening program at Orange County Fair Speedway by winning his respective heat race, the evening’s dash, and finally the 25-lap main event, now owns four All Star Circuit of Champions victories in the state of New York over the course of his career, adding Orange County Fair Speedway to a list that already includes Weedsport Speedway, Lebanon Valley Speedway, and Fonda Speedway.
Despite crossing under the final checkers by a margin of victory exceeding four seconds, Dietrich did not take command for good until lap 19, taking advantage of Gerard McIntyre’s misfortune after the All Star Rookie of the Year contender made contact with the outside retaining wall while leading. In fact, McIntyre led the majority of the 25-lapper, actually controlling 17 circuits, including the first, while attempting to keep Dietrich in his rearview mirror. Dietrich did slip by McIntyre to lead lap 12, but the New Oxford, Pennsylvania-native battled back instantly to regain control the following circuit.
“That was a lot of fun. Hats off to my team for their hard work so far this weekend. We have one more night to go, so hopefully we can cap this weekend with another win,” Danny Dietrich explained, driver of the Gary Kauffman Racing/Sandoe’s Fruit Market/Pace Performance/Sweeney Cars/Self Made Racing/No. 48 sprint car. “We were pretty good all night. We got close to Gerard [McIntyre] a few times before he made contact with the wall. I think we were just as good as him. Regardless, it was a great effort by everyone involved. I certainly wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t them.”
Although Dietrich was in pursuit of McIntrye from the drop of the green, the battle between the lead duo started to intensify on lap 11. McIntrye was in control ripping the top, but Dietrich was utilizing the shorter way around the speedway, closing-in on McIntyre inch by inch as the laps clicked off the counter. By lap 12, Dietrich was in position to make a bid for the top spot, eventually sliding through turns three and four to sneak by McIntyre as the pair raced back to the flagstand. McIntyre retaliated in a hurry, quickly returning to the topside to drive back around ‘Double-D’ to lead lap 13.
With heavy traffic coming into play by lap 15, things really started to heat up between McIntyre and Dietrich, actually translating into a near-nose to tail battle during the next three circuits. Lap 19 is when trouble struck for McIntyre, slipping up the track just enough in turn two to make contact with Orange County’s unforgiving retaining wall.
After inheriting the top spot, the main event quickly turned into the ‘Dietrich Show,’ ending the contest with a four second advantage and a $10,000 prize.
The All Star Circuit of Champions will conclude their three-day swing through New York on Sunday evening, July 14, with a visit to the ‘Valley of Speed’ - Lebanon Valley Speedway in West Lebanon, New York. Certainly synonymous with big action and high speed, the Sunday night blockbuster at Lebanon Valley Speedway will award a $7,000 top prize, as well as a minimum of $1,000 to each main event starter. With all positions considered, the main event’s total purse equals a staggering $39,450.
Lebanon Valley Speedway in West Lebanon, New York, will open pit gates at 3 p.m. on Sunday, July 14. A mandatory All Star drivers meeting will be conducted at 5:15 p.m. with hot laps to follow at 5:45 p.m. Those seeking additional information should visit Lebanon Valley Speedway online at www.lebanonvalley.com.
Contingency Awards/Results: Orange County Fair Speedway - Saturday, July 13, 2019:
Event: All Stars at the House of Power
C&R Racing All Star Warm-Ups: Tony Stewart - 19.118
Lincoln Electric Fast Qualifier: Dale Blaney - 20.198
Ford Performance Heat #1: Justin Barger
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2: Dale Blaney
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3: Danny Dietrich
JE Pistons Dash presented by Fatheadz Eyewear: Danny Dietrich
Ollie’s Bargain Outlet A-Main Winner: Danny Dietrich
MSD Performance Hard Charger Award: Greg Wilson [+7]
Cometic Gasket Most A-Main Laps Led: Gerard McIntyre [1-11, 13-18]
(Lincoln Electric, MSD Performance, Fatheadz Eyewear, Rayce Rudeen Foundation, Cometic Gasket: Need decal to qualify for contingency award)
1. 14-Tony Stewart, 20.453; 2. K4-Chad Kemenah, 20.628; 3. 87-Aaron Reutzel, 20.630; 4. 5-Justin Barger, 20.709; 5. W20-Greg Wilson, 20.728; 6. 10-Joe Kata, 21.096; 7. J4-John Garvin, 22.220
1. 11-Dale Blaney, 20.198; 2. 70-Brock Zearfoss, 20.975; 3. 13-Paul McMahan, 21.101; 4. iO7-Mark Coldren, 22.097; 5. 90-Jordan Givler, 22.528; 6. 55-Darren Schott, 22.629; 7. 40X-Chris Kurtz, NT
1. 48-Danny Dietrich, 21.122; 2. 99-Skylar Gee, 21.643; 3. O7-Gerard McIntyre, 21.735; 4. 40-George Hobaugh, 21.768; 5. 26-Cory Eliason, 22.106; 6. 70X-Justin Peck, 22.107; 7. 87jb-Jim Bob, NT
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 7 Transfer
1. 5-Justin Barger ; 2. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 3. 14-Tony Stewart ; 4. K4-Chad Kemenah ; 5. W20-Greg Wilson ; 6. 10-Joe Kata ; 7. J4-John Garvin 
Heat #2 - Group (B) (8 Laps) - Top 7 Transfer
1. 11-Dale Blaney ; 2. 13-Paul McMahan ; 3. 70-Brock Zearfoss ; 4. IO7-Mark Coldren ; 5. 90-Jordan Givler 
Heat #3 - Group (C) (8 Laps) - Top 7 Transfer
1. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 2. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 3. 40-George Hobaugh ; 4. 99-Skylar Gee ; 5. 70X-Justin Peck ; 6. 26-Cory Eliason 
Dash #1 (6 Laps)
1. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 2. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 3. 11-Dale Blaney ; 4. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 5. 5-Justin Barger ; 6. 14-Tony Stewart ; 7. K4-Chad Kemenah ; 8. 13-Paul McMahan 
A-Main (25 Laps)
1. 48-Danny Dietrich ; 2. 11-Dale Blaney ; 3. 14-Tony Stewart ; 4. 87-Aaron Reutzel ; 5. 5-Justin Barger ; 6. W20-Greg Wilson ; 7. 13-Paul McMahan ; 8. 70-Brock Zearfoss ; 9. K4-Chad Kemenah ; 10. 70X-Justin Peck ; 11. 40-George Hobaugh ; 12. O7-Gerard McIntyre ; 13. 10-Joe Kata ; 14. 26-Cory Eliason ; 15. 99-Skylar Gee ; 16. J4-John Garvin ; 17. IO7-Mark Coldren ; 18. 90-Jordan Givler ; 19. 55-Darren Schott ; 20. 87jb-Jim Bob  Lap Leaders: Gerard McIntyre (1-11), Danny Dietrich (12), Gerard McIntyre (13-18), Danny Dietrich (19-25)
2019 All Star Circuit of Champions Driver Standings (After 7/13/2019):
1. Aaron Reutzel - 2414
2. Dale Blaney - 2396
3. Cory Eliason - 2300
4. Paul McMahan - 2286
5. Brock Zearfoss - 2224
6. Greg Wilson - 2218
7. Gerard McIntyre - 2152
8. Skylar Gee - 2092
9. George Hobaugh - 1886
10. Spencer Bayston - 1408