FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, August 7, 2020
Contact: Brian Liskai
By Brian Liskai
ATTICA, Ohio – Cap Henry knew starting on the pole of the 410 sprint feature Friday, Aug. 7 at Attica Raceway Park he could not let his Lane Racing team down. The Republic, Ohio driver led all 30 laps and survived a late race caution to pick up his fifth win of the season at “Ohio’s Finest Racing” speed plant on Smith Family Foods/Kear’s Speed Shop/Ferguson Water Works Night.
Henry is having a dominant year at Attica, as he has won five of the nine features and now nine total for his career at the track.
Just as important, Henry will pad his point lead not only in the Callie’s Performance Products 410 Sprints, but also in the All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads/Kistler Racing Products Attica Fremont Championship Series (AFCS) Presented by the Baumann Auto Group. Though his lead only grew by a few points as Chad Kemenah finished second and came into the night second in AFCS points.
“Zack (Meyers) had that thing pretty spot on. We could move where ever we had to. Zack and Jim and Brett have had this thing really good all year long and it makes driving this thing a lot of fun. At this point if we start up front and we don’t run up front it’s my fault. I’m so happy to be a part of this. This is tough. Chad’s fast, Cale’s fast, Travis is fast…we race with a lot of really fast guys. And to be able to put this thing up here every couple of weeks means a lot,” said Henry beside his Dragons Milk White, New Holland Spirits, Beer Barrel Bourbon, FK Rod Ends, Wings Unlimited, Kistler Engines, J&J Chassis, Linder Shocks, Simpson, Ballistic Designs, Big D’s Pizza, Lead Head Water Fowl, Geck Electric, Nemesis Designs #4.
Britton, Michigan’s Devin Shiels is making a great run at his second Attica Raceway Park championship in the Propane.com/Dirt Nerds Podcast Late Models. He led all 25 laps to score his third feature win of the season and ninth of his career at the track. After an opening lap multi-car crash, the race went non-stop.
“We’ve been fast on the bottom. Seems like the track is usually on the top for the heats and then down to the bottom because there’s still some moisture there after the sprint cars. I have to thank my dad, Denny, Braden and Dillon for being here tonight, Rally’s Hamburgers, Dirt Nerds Podcast and Magic Fountain Auto Wash,” Shiels said in the Engine Pro Victory Lane.
Fremont’s Paul Weaver threw a slider on Jamie Miller on the white flag lap to take the lead and held off a last lap rally from Miller to score his third Fremont Fence 305 Sprint win of the year at Attica. The victory is Weaver’s 52nd in the division at the track as he sits atop the all-time win list.
Weaver’s win will also tighten up the NAPA Auto Parts of Bryan AFCS 305 Sprints Presented by Jason Dietsch Trailer Sales point battle. Coming into the weekend Matt Foos held a 13 point lead over Miller and Weaver 39 points back. With Weaver’s win, Miller finishing second and Foos charging from 11th to a fourth place finish things will be interesting heading into the last few point races. Weaver will also maintain his slim Attica point lead over Miller and Seth Schneider.
“I thought you guys had it in for me…every time the yellow came on I went backwards,” joked Weaver.
“That second to last caution my tires were gone and that last caution I was like hug the tires and quit racing him and stay on the bottom and let him (Miller) worry about me. He spun the tires and I was just there,” added Weaver beside his B&B Drain Service, Hampshire Racing Engines, M&L Excavating, Seagate Sandblasting, Weaver Performance backed #1W.
Henry and Kemenah brought the field to green for the 30 lap 410 sprint feature but a caution necessitated another start. On the second try a multi-car incident reshuffled the starting line-up. When the green came back out a third time Henry jumped into the lead over Kemenah, Shawn Dancer, Travis Philo, Caleb Griffith, Cale Conley and Zane DeVault.
By the 10th circuit Henry raced into heavy lapped traffic with Kemenah starting to close while Conley, Griffith, Philo, Dancer, DeVault and Nate Dussel gave chase. Henry negotiated perfectly through traffic and with 11 laps to go had put a pair of lapped cars between himself and Kemenah.
The caution flew on lap 25 in an incident involving Philo and Griffith who had been waging a tremendous battle for fourth. Henry executed a great restart and drove away to the win over Kemenah, Conley, DeVault and Michael who had originally started 20th.
After a caution to start the 25 lap late model feature, the rest of the race went non-stop. Shiels grabbed the lead at the drop of the green but Ryan Missler stayed within a car length the entire race until about five laps to go when Shiels pulled away.
While the top two drove away from the field, the action for third was fantastic involving Ryan Markham, Mike Bores and Larry Bellman. When the dust settled Shiels took the win over Miller, Bores, Bellman and Markham.
Schneider and Mike Keegan brought the field to green for the 25 lap 305 A-main with Schneider taking the lead over Miller, Keegan, Kasey Jedrzejek and Weaver. The race was marred by several early cautions but after each Schneider and Miller battled each other tough with Miller taking the lead on lap six with Schneider regaining the top spot a lap later with Miller re-taking the lead on lap eight.
Meanwhile Weaver steadily inched closer to the lead duo and following a caution on lap 12, grabbed second from Schneider. Four laps later just as Weaver raced under Miller for the lead the caution flew. Two laps later and the same occurred.
Miller got an excellent restart with seven laps to go but Weaver again steadily inched his way closer. A caution with three laps to go gave Weaver the opportunity he needed. When the green flew he raced under Miller who fought off the challenges. Weaver threw a slider at Miller in turns three and four as they came to the white flag and took the lead. Miller attempted the same move coming to the checkers but Weaver held him off for the win. Schneider, Foos and Luke Griffith rounded out the top five.
There is no racing at Attica on Aug. 14 but a double-header weekend is planned for Friday and Saturday, Aug. 21-22. Keep tabs on the ongoing race schedule at www.atticaracewaypark.com or follow the track on Twitter @atticaracewyprk or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/atticaracewaypark and Instagram at attica_raceway_park. For those who can’t attend the races, DirtVision.com carries all the action on pay per view.
About Smith Family Foods – https://smithfamilyfoods.net
Smith Family Foods is located just outside of Tiffin, Ohio. Since 1984 “Family” is not just a word in our name but an integral part of the day-to-day philosophy that drives our business. Quality products, family values and exceptional service along with competitive pricing are the building blocks that help us exceed customer expectations every day.
Smith Family Foods taps into long-standing family recipes and pair them with fresh inspiration for today’s market to deliver a comprehensive line of items produced in-house. Ranging from chopped steaks, custom cut steaks and chops, breaded chicken, brats and Granny Smith’s Delicious fresh deli salads, just to mention a few. Smith Family Foods has the more than 2,000 wholesale items we offer to solve all your foodservice needs. Check our Products page for a complete list.
About Kear’s Speed Shop – www.kearsspeedshop.com
Kear’s Speed Shop was founded by Chuck and Shirley Kear in 1969 at its present location on Market Street in downtown Tiffin. You can build your winning race car and outfit your driver from Kear’s large inventory. Kear’s also has three trucks that service your needs at the local tracks as well as the All Star and World of Outlaw races.
About Ferguson Waterworks – www.ferguson.com
Ferguson Waterworks delivers quality products and innovative solutions across the water, sanitary sewer and storm water management industries. As one of the nation’s largest waterworks companies, Ferguson puts your needs first. Every day, public and private water sewer authorities, utility contractors, public works/line contractors and heavy highway contractors count on Ferguson because of our world-class service. The nearest Ferguson Waterworks are located in Maumee, Toledo, Cleveland, Akron, Lima, Mentor and Dayton
Attica Raceway Park
Friday, Aug. 7, 2020
Smith Family Foods/Kear’s Speed Shop/Ferguson Water Works
410 Sprints – Callie’s Performance Products
1.16-DJ Foos, 12.893; 2.77I-John Ivy, 12.927; 3.4-Cap Henry, 12.945; 4.33W-Caleb Griffith, 12.970; 5.49-Shawn Dancer, 13.035; 6.81-Lee Jacobs, 13.041; 7.5T-Travis Philo, 13.067; 8.3C-Cale Conley, 13.072; 9.1-Nate Dussel, 13.083; 10.35-Stuart Brubaker, 13.090; 11.5-Byron Reed, 13.159; 12.83M-Broc Martin, 13.168; 13.23-Cole Macedo, 13.180; 14.11-Zeb Wise, 13.187; 15.15K-Chad Kemenah, 13.208; 16.9Z-Duane Zablocki, 13.244; 17.41-Thomas Schinderle, 13.247; 18.3J-Trey Jacobs, 13.266; 19.19R-Jordan Ryan, 13.291; 20.59-Bryan Nuckles, 13.352; 21.14-Chad Wilson, 13.404; 22.70-Henry Malcuit, 13.414; 23.27-Keith Sheffer Jr, 13.473; 24.27Z-Zane DeVault, 13.475; 25.21N-Frankie Nervo, 13.480; 26.22B-Ryan Broughton, 13.534; 27.15-Mitch Harble, 13.546; 28.2L-Landon LaLonde, 13.635; 29.8M-TJ Michael, 13.643; 30.9W-Lance Webb, 13.717; 31.4T-Josh Turner, 13.992;
Heat 1, Group A – (8 Laps)
1. 49-Shawn Dancer ; 2. 5T-Travis Philo ; 3. 33W-Caleb Griffith ; 4. 3C-Cale Conley ; 5. 77I-John Ivy ; 6. 83M-Broc Martin ; 7. 59-Bryan Nuckles ; 8. 27-Keith Sheffer Jr
Heat 2, Group B – (8 Laps)
1. 35-Stuart Brubaker ; 2. 9Z-Duane Zablocki ; 3. 1-Nate Dussel ; 4. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 5. 70-Henry Malcuit ; 6. 8M-TJ Michael ; 7. 4T-Josh Turner ; 8. 9W-Lance Webb
Heat 3, Group C – (8 Laps)
1. 4-Cap Henry ; 2. 23-Cole Macedo ; 3. 27Z-Zane DeVault ; 4. 41-Thomas Schinderle ; 5. 15-Mitch Harble ; 6. 2L-Landon LaLonde ; 7. 5-Byron Reed ; 8. 21N-Frankie Nervo
Heat 4, Group D – (8 Laps)
1. 15K-Chad Kemenah ; 2. 3J-Trey Jacobs ; 3. 16-DJ Foos ; 4. 11-Zeb Wise ; 5. 22B-Ryan Broughton ; 6. 14-Chad Wilson ; 7. 19R-Jordan Ryan
B-Main 1 – (10 Laps)
1. 77I-John Ivy ; 2. 5-Byron Reed ; 3. 70-Henry Malcuit ; 4. 8M-TJ Michael ; 5. 22B-Ryan Broughton ; 6. 14-Chad Wilson ; 7. 19R-Jordan Ryan ; 8. 15-Mitch Harble ; 9. 2L-Landon LaLonde ; 10. 9W-Lance Webb ; 11. 27-Keith Sheffer Jr ; 12. 59-Bryan Nuckles ; 13. 83M-Broc Martin ; 14. 21N-Frankie Nervo ; 15. 4T-Josh Turner
A-Main 1 – (30 Laps)
1. 4-Cap Henry ; 2. 15K-Chad Kemenah ; 3. 3C-Cale Conley ; 4. 27Z-Zane DeVault ; 5. 8M-TJ Michael ; 6. 49-Shawn Dancer ; 7. 23-Cole Macedo ; 8. 5-Byron Reed ; 9. 11-Zeb Wise ; 10. 3J-Trey Jacobs ; 11. 1-Nate Dussel ; 12. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 13. 41-Thomas Schinderle ; 14. 77I-John Ivy ; 15. 16-DJ Foos ; 16. 35-Stuart Brubaker ; 17. 9Z-Duane Zablocki ; 18. 70-Henry Malcuit ; 19. 5T-Travis Philo ; 20. 33W-Caleb Griffith
Hard Charger: 8M-TJ Michael +15
305 Sprints – Fremont Fence
Heat 1 – (8 Laps)
1. Z10-Brandon Moore ; 2. X-Mike Keegan ; 3. 5M-Mike Moore ; 4. 85-Shawn Valenti ; 5. X15-Kasey Ziebold ; 6. 28-Tad Peck ; 7. 75-Jerry Dahms ; 8. 77X-Jamin Kindred
Heat 2 – (8 Laps)
1. 83-Shane Call ; 2. 11G-Luke Griffith ; 3. 19R-Steve Rando ; 4. 1H-Zeth Sabo ; 5. 13-Jeremy Duposki ; 6. 09-Justin Adams ; 7. 51-Garrett Craine
Heat 3 – (8 Laps)
1. 26-Jamie Miller ; 2. 1W-Paul Weaver ; 3. 5K-Kasey Jedrzejek ; 4. 3X-Brandon Riehl ; 5. 3V-Chris Verda ; 6. 5JR-Jim McGrath Jr. ; 7. 9-Logan Riehl
Heat 4 – (8 Laps)
1. 36-Seth Schneider ; 2. 12F-Matt Foos ; 3. 12-Kyle Capodice ; 4. 97-Kyle Peters ; 5. 21X-Dustin Stroup ; 6. 21-Larry Kingseed Jr ; 7. 29-Rich Farmer
B-Main 1 – (10 Laps)
1. X15-Kasey Ziebold ; 2. 21X-Dustin Stroup ; 3. 09-Justin Adams ; 4. 5JR-Jim McGrath Jr. ; 5. 21-Larry Kingseed Jr ; 6. 9-Logan Riehl ; 7. 75-Jerry Dahms ; 8. 3V-Chris Verda ; 9. 29-Rich Farmer ; 10. 51-Garrett Craine ; 11. 13-Jeremy Duposki ; 12. 77X-Jamin Kindred ; 13. 28-Tad Peck
A-Main 1 – (25 Laps)
1. 1W-Paul Weaver ; 2. 26-Jamie Miller ; 3. 36-Seth Schneider ; 4. 12F-Matt Foos ; 5. 11G-Luke Griffith ; 6. X-Mike Keegan ; 7. 19R-Steve Rando ; 8. 12-Kyle Capodice ; 9. 21-Larry Kingseed Jr ; 10. 21X-Dustin Stroup ; 11. 97-Kyle Peters ; 12. 5M-Mike Moore ; 13. 9-Logan Riehl ; 14. 83-Shane Call ; 15. 1H-Zeth Sabo ; 16. X15-Kasey Ziebold ; 17. 09-Justin Adams ; 18. 3X-Brandon Riehl ; 19. 5K-Kasey Jedrzejek ; 20. 85-Shawn Valenti ; 21. 5JR-Jim McGrath Jr. ; 22. Z10-Brandon Moore
Hard Charger: 21-Larry Kingseed Jr. +12
Late Models – Propane.com/Dirt Nerds Podcast
Heat 1 – (8 Laps)
1. 51-Devin Shiels ; 2. 5M-Ryan Markham ; 3. 36-Matt Irey ; 4. 94-Mike Bores ; 5. 29-Nate Potts ; 6. 98-Tim Sabo ; 7. T18-Jeff Geis ; 8. 16-Steve Sabo
Heat 2 – (8 Laps)
1. 50-Ryan Missler ; 2. 77-Steve Kester ; 3. 59-Larry Bellman ; 4. 8-Rob Anderzack ; 5. 69W-Jeff Warnick ; 6. 03-Jim Gingery ; 7. 69R-Doug Baird ; 8. 12M-Bobby Michaels
A-Main 1 – (25 Laps)
1. 51-Devin Shiels ; 2. 50-Ryan Missler ; 3. 94-Mike Bores ; 4. 59-Larry Bellman ; 5. 5M-Ryan Markham ; 6. 98-Tim Sabo ; 7. 8-Rob Anderzack ; 8. 36-Matt Irey ; 9. 03-Jim Gingery ; 10. 29-Nate Potts ; 11. 77-Steve Kester ; 12. 16-Steve Sabo ; 13. 12M-Bobby Michaels ; 14. 69R-Doug Baird ; 15. 69W-Jeff Warnick ; 16. T18-Jeff Geis
Hard Charger: 98-Tim Sabo +5