WAYNESFIELD, Ohio (August 21, 2021) - A last minute schedule change that led the FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 from northern Indiana to Waynesfield Raceway Park proved to be a valuable move for Lockbourne, Ohio’s Cole Duncan, ultimately stealing the show on Saturday night to score a $5,000 payday, as well as his second Series victory of the 2021 season.
Duncan, who started fifth on the All Star/FAST Series co-sanctioned grid, utilized the slow and steady approach around Waynesfield’s high-banked oval, steadily climbing his way through the top-five before taking command from Rudeen Racing’s Cory Eliason on lap 27. The middle groove served as Duncan’s stomping ground for much of the 30-lap contest, eventually securing a sixth-career All Star victory; a first-ever at Waynesfield Raceway Park.
Cory Eliason, the Friday night winner at I-96 Speedway, held on to finish second after leading laps four through 26, followed by Justin Peck, Spencer Bayston, and Cap Henry.
“Shane Helms gave us one hell of a race track tonight. I don’t think you can ask for much better than that,” Cole Duncan said in victory lane, pilot of the Ohio Heating, Helms Construction, Motor City Transport, No. 22 sprint car. “When the track got slick, we threw the wing back and the car got to working good...I could carry speed into the corner. They were throwing crumbs off the bottom and I could use those for traction.”
Utilizing the pole position by way of dash result, Cap Henry earned the early command, leading the first three laps before losing control to Eliason the following circuit. Tyler Courtney, a runner-up to Eliason one night prior, also found a way to power by Henry and secured the second spot with six in the books. Not settling for second, Courtney’s next objective was to get by Eliason’s No. 26, showing his nose on a few occasions before traffic entered the picture for the first time on lap 10. Despite Eliason’s ability to maneuver the early traffic flow, Courtney stayed tight, keeping the gap within a few car lengths.
When caution flags waved on lap 15, it would seem that clean air would play into Eliason’s favor and allow the Visalia, California-native to sail off unchallenged, but meanwhile, Duncan was just getting started. The ensuing restart would allow Duncan to bump ahead to fourth, eventually tracking down Angola, Indiana’s Zeb Wise for third on lap 19. By lap 21, Duncan was all over Tyler Courtney for second, taking the position, officially, on lap 21. Traffic would enter the picture yet again on lap 24, but to Eliason’s dismay, Duncan maintained momentum and gained ground quickly.
The main event’s final caution on lap 26 would set the stage for Duncan’s soon to be takeover, stealing the spotlight from Eliason the very next lap.
“I think the only thing that was going to screw me up before that last restart was traffic,” Duncan continued. “Traffic was kind of running down where I wanted to be. (Eliason) got a hell of a restart...it all worked out and I couldn’t be more proud.”
The FloRacing All Star Circuit of Champions presented by Mobil 1 will continue their 2021 campaign with a four-race sweep through the heart of Pennsylvania Posse Country. Grandview Speedway, nestled in the hills just northwest of Philadelphia, will activate the weekend on Thursday, August 26. The four-day schedule will move to Williams Grove Speedway on Friday, August 27, followed by back-to-back nights of competition at Lincoln Speedway and BAPS Motor Speedway on Saturday and Sunday, August 28-29. Weekend highlights include twin 20-lappers at The Grove awarding $4,000 each, as well as Lincoln Speedway’s Kramer Klash awarding $7,300.
For those who can not witness the All Star Circuit of Champions live and in person, FloRacing.com, the official media partner and broadcast provider of the All Stars, has you covered. To access live and on-demand racing action from the All Star Circuit of Champions, visit FloRacing.com and become an annual PRO subscriber. Race fans can see all the USAC and dirt late-model action they want in addition to Eldora Speedway’s slate of races and those of the All Star Circuit of Champions. The subscription unlocks access to premium content across the entire FloSports network. Watch the events across all screens by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire and Chromecast.
Contingency Awards/Results: Waynesfield Raceway Park | Saturday, August 21, 2021:
Event: FAST Vs. All Stars
C&R Racing Hot Laps: Zeb Wise | 10.233
Dixie Vodka Fast Qualifier: Cory Eliason | 10.297
Ford Performance Heat #1 Winner: Cap Henry
All Pro Aluminum Cylinder Heads Heat #2 Winner: Max Stambaugh
Hunt Brothers Pizza Heat #3 Winner: Justin Peck
Kear’s Speed Shop Dash presented by Elliott’s Custom Trailers and Carts Winner: Cap Henry
FloRacing A-Main Winner: Cole Duncan (2)
Hercules Tires A-Main Hard Charger: Hunter Schuerenberg (+8)
1. 26-Cory Eliason, 10.297; 2. 22C-Cole Duncan, 10.379; 3. 7BC-Tyler Courtney, 10.405; 4. 3C-Cale Conley, 10.408; 5. 10-Zeb Wise, 10.409; 6. 5-Ian Madsen, 10.422; 7. 16-DJ Foos, 10.440; 8. 91-Kyle Reinhardt, 10.478; 9. 13-Justin Peck, 10.482; 10. 4-Cap Henry, 10.504; 11. 5M-Max Stambaugh, 10.510; 12. 11-Spencer Bayston, 10.570; 13. 81-Lee Jacobs, 10.595; 14. 18-Cole Macedo, 10.613; 15. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg, 10.626; 16. O7-Skylar Gee, 10.638; 17. 7m-Geoff Dodge, 10.672; 18. 14-Chad Wilson, 10.679; 19. 97-Greg Wilson, 10.680; 20. 17B-Bill Balog, 10.695; 21. 21N-Frankie Nervo, 10.791; 22. 23-Chris Andrews, 11.015
Heat #1 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 8 Transfer
1. 4-Cap Henry ; 2. 16-DJ Foos ; 3. 26-Cory Eliason ; 4. O7-Skylar Gee ; 5. 3C-Cale Conley ; 6. 97-Greg Wilson ; 7. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 8. 23-Chris Andrews 
Heat #2 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 8 Transfer
1. 5M-Max Stambaugh ; 2. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 3. 10-Zeb Wise ; 4. 18-Cole Macedo ; 5. 17B-Bill Balog ; 6. 22C-Cole Duncan ; 7. 7M-Geoff Dodge 
Heat #3 - Group (A) (8 Laps) - Top 8 Transfer
1. 13-Justin Peck ; 2. 11-Spencer Bayston ; 3. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 4. 5-Ian Madsen ; 5. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 6. 21N-Frankie Nervo ; 7. 14-Chad Wilson 
Dash #1 (6 Laps)
1. 4-Cap Henry ; 2. 26-Cory Eliason ; 3. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 4. 5M-Max Stambaugh ; 5. 22C-Cole Duncan ; 6. 10-Zeb Wise ; 7. 3C-Cale Conley ; 8. 13-Justin Peck 
A-Main (30 Laps)
1. 22C-Cole Duncan ; 2. 26-Cory Eliason ; 3. 13-Justin Peck ; 4. 11-Spencer Bayston ; 5. 4-Cap Henry ; 6. 7BC-Tyler Courtney ; 7. 55-Hunter Schuerenberg ; 8. 91-Kyle Reinhardt ; 9. 16-DJ Foos ; 10. 5-Ian Madsen ; 11. 97-Greg Wilson ; 12. O7-Skylar Gee ; 13. 17B-Bill Balog ; 14. 81-Lee Jacobs ; 15. 18-Cole Macedo ; 16. 3C-Cale Conley ; 17. 21N-Frankie Nervo ; 18. 5M-Max Stambaugh ; 19. 14-Chad Wilson ; 20. 10-Zeb Wise ; 21. 23-Chris Andrews ; 22. 7M-Geoff Dodge  Lap Leaders: Cap Henry (1-3), Cory Eliason (4-26), Cole Duncan (27-30)